Psychotherapy – Janet Hopkins, PsyD
I am a licensed clinical psychologist, as well as a graduate of Bastyr University (Class of 1984). I have 20 years of clinical experience in adult outpatient psychotherapy. My credentials include 16 years as a faculty member at Swedish Family Medicine Residency, as well as Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington.
My current practice focuses exclusively on psychotherapy. My background in naturopathic medicine, however, provides me with an understanding of the importance of a holistic approach to health care.
My practice style emphasizes an interactive, solution-focused approach to both current and long standing issues. This means that some issues require in-depth exploration of the past. Other issues, however, can be successfully treated with a short-term approach.
I work with individuals who may be experiencing:
- Relationship Issues
- Difficulties with Self-Esteem
- Personal Growth
- Life Transitions/Job Loss
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions of your insurance company:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- How much does my insurance plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
If you need to change or cancel a session, a minimum notice of 24 hours must be provided. If not, a $60 late cancellation fee will be charged.