Massage Therapy - Phoebe Lind, LMP, CMLDT
Spa Phoebe coming Summer of 2018 to 4801 Fauntleroy Way SW
*Still currently seeing clients at West Seattle Wellness
Massage has always been a part of my life. It wasn’t until I graduated from the University of Oregon with a Bachelor in Exercise and Movement Science that I considered to make a career out of massage. Since 2004 I have been working as a massage therapist to help facilitate and promote a holistic approach to healing.
I believe that every pain, injury or ailment is individual to the specific person. That is why I gear my massage toward each client to help with optimal relief. I use a combination of Swedish, Deep Tissue, Sports, Lomi Lomi, Abdominal, Polarity, Reflexology, Aroma Therapy, Hot Stone, Manual Lymph Drainage and Oncology massage. I am dedicated to continuing education to further my knowledge of the body and ever growing massage techniques.
Services I offer:
- Massage 60, 90 and *120min. Within this massage I use a number of techniques to tailor the session to the individual client. Including, but not limited to Swedish, Deep Tissue, Sports, Lomi Lomi, Polarity and Aroma Therapy. * With pre-approval and consent you can add CHABA (cannabis health and beauty aids) to your massage for an extra $15 charge.
- Prenatal Massage 60 and 90min. This massage includes special positioning to make mother-to-be and baby comfortable during the massage, which can include pregnancy cushions. This allows the mom-to-be to lay face down for part of the massage. The prenatal massage focus is in the areas of stress due to the changing body.
- Manual Lymph Drainage 60 and 90min. MLD is a very gentle, superficial stroke that helps to facilitate lymph. In doing so it improves lymph capillary uptake. It has a soothing effect for the central nervous system (CNS). It also has an analgesic effect be accelerating the drainage of nociceptive substances (pain-causing) from the tissues and helps stimulate one’s nerves to create a pain blocking substance that blocks the pain signal to the brain. The lymph can also be re-directed around blocked areas such as deep scaring, lymph vessel damage (i.e. due to radiation or a serious injury) and lymph node removal into healthy lymph vessels.
Manual lymph drainage can help with a number of issues, including but not limited to:
-Sprain -Whiplash -Hematoma (bruising) -Edema (swelling) -Pre/Post surgical edema
-Oncology clients -Palliative/Hospice Care -Autoimmune Disorders (i.e. Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) -Rheumatoid Arthritis -Scleroderma (in the earlier stages)
-Neurological (i.e. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (after acute stage) -Multiple Sclerosis
-Turrets -Parkinson’s Disease -Lupus -Traumatic Brain Injuries -Anxiety -Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) -Fibrocystic Breast Disease (has many different names)
-Migraines -Sinus Head Aches -Tinnitus -Meniere’s Disease -Carpel Tunnel
-Thoracic Outlet Syndrome -Tendinitis - General Stress reduction -General detoxification
- Oncology Massage 60, 90 and *120min. For any stage of Cancer as in just diagnosed, in treatment, in remission, or cancer free for 5+ years. This massage is geared toward the client’s specific needs of special bolstering, pressure, lymph flow, speed, scents, and other considerations. My massage is formulated for each client based on the nature of the cancer, the stage of cancer, and the treatment regiment. If you have just been diagnosed, are currently in treatment, or have finished treatment with in the last year, I will need a doctor’s referral.
- Hot Stone Massage 60, 90 and *120min. Find deep relaxation through warmed Basalt stones as they transfer heat into your tense muscles. This is a full body massage where the heated stones are smoothed over the skin to warm the underlying tissues. The stones are used in movement for a rhythmic relaxation and in placement for deeper warming. For pure relaxation I recommend the 60 min hot stone. If you’re in need of deep work and/or treatment work, I suggest either the 90 or the 120 min hot stone.
- Foot Reflexology 60min. The hour includes a foot soak to relax and clean the feet. From the soak you will be comfortably positioned on the massage bed for a full body relaxation through the reflexes of the feet. It’s a wonderful way to achieve relaxation in areas of the body that might not be able to receive massage due to an injury or ailment that contradicts massage directly.
- *Scalp Treatment ($15). This is about a 15 minute add on to the end of a massage or other service. Essential oils of Lavender, Rosemary and Peppermint are massaged into the scalp and wrapped in a warm towel. While the oils penetrate the scalp you receive a tension relieving face massage. The service ends with a detailed scalp massage and leaves your scalp tingling and de-stressed.
- *Paraffin Hand and Foot Dip ($25 for both or $15 each). This is about a 20 minute add on to the beginning of a massage or other service. In junction with a foot soak your hands and feet are massaged with your choice of lotion while hitting a few reflex points, dipped into paraffin and wrapped up. This service leaves your skin feeling moisturized and renewed.
- *Hand and Foot Aroma Therapy ($25 for both or $15 each). This service is about 20 minutes and can be added onto the begging or end of a massage or other service. Essential oils are picked by the client to help facilitate relaxation, rejuvenation or tension/stress relief. The specified oils are then placed on each hand and foot and wrapped in a warm towel to let the oils soak in. Then each hand and foot are massaged with lotion and a few reflex points are hit to complete the service and leave you feeling fresh and relaxed.