Massage Therapy – Alison Kennedy, LMT, CPMT
My name is Alison Kennedy and I am a licensed massage therapist. I graduated top of my class in 2012 from the extended program at Cortiva, Seattle. I also have a BA in English. I have worked primarily in medical massage clinics and been running my own practice in West Seattle since 2012.
I am a Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist, but my studies and experience have been diverse, and the individuals I’ve worked with people who have been as young as 2 years of age to 102 with varying needs:
- Children and adults experiencing the spasms of cerebral palsy/MS/EDS/ALS
- Applying medical massage techniques to relieve car related or on-the-job injuries
- Relieving back and neck tension of students and employees slumped over their everyday devices
- Working with adults and children on the spectrum, with ADHD, or fighting general anxiety
- Comfort care for clients on hospice.
As a practitioner, I am empathetic and structurally holistic in my approach to bodywork. I balance modalities to suit my client’s needs, from deep structural and fascial release techniques to gentle craniosacral.
In my free time, I spend time with my two daughters. I enjoy hiking while taking wildlife photos, making art, listening to music, laughing, playing the cello, and writing.
Currently accepting L&I, PIP, and cash clients.
Soon to be accepting insurance. In the meantime, insurance clients can submit a super bill to their provider to be reimbursed. Always check with your medical team and insurance coverage prior to your first appointment.